Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring is here


Spring "officially" started this week.  You would not know it
by the weather...snowed this morning.
The spring sweater is done just in time
This is unblocked picture.....

Reminder Wandering the Souk pattern.
Yarn is Valley Superwash DK
Size 6 needle

This yarn is very stretchy.  Once I washed it, I put it in
the dryer for a few minutes to tighten it up a little.  I think it
will be just fine.
Here is it blocking....
I can't wait to try it on.  I only added 5 button holes.
Modification to pattern: I added button band as I went along,
rather than picking up stitches and doing it when done. The button
band has an i-cord edging

Still have to get buttons.

I thought I had waaaaayyy too much yarn, but in fact, I almost ran out.
This is what's left.  Each sleeve used one whole ball, plus two partial
pieces, same size as above.  I am lucky!

I think I will treat myself to a pretty, feminine top to wear underneath
the sweater.....

Ruth is almost to the point of separating front/back on her
ButtonBox Vest   with Harrisville Yarn.


So pretty!

She finished up her color work mittens. She was hoping to wear
them a few times before it gets too warm. With the snow and cold
temps predicted this week, I think she will get her wish....

Pattern is Trees by  riihivilla ... a kit.  I think they are so pretty and
classic looking.  Great job!

Martha is almost done with her vest!  Same Buttonbox as Ruth is making,
and Harrisville yarn also.

She just has the buttons to add and it will be done!
nice, don't you think!

In other  news, I have been dying to make donuts ever since I
got the Pioneer Woman Cookbook for Christmas.  I had to get
a donut hole thingamajig first....it came this week so....


It's more involved than I thought. You mix the yeast batter
the night before and let it sit in the fridge for 8-12 hours. Then it has
to sit the next morning and warm up to room temp - two more hours-
then you roll dough and cut out, and let rise for ---- you guessed it--
two more hours!  Joe helped with the frying part of it...he is a
master fryer so I appreciated the help!  I put glaze on some, and
cinnamon suger on the rest.

 I'm quite proud that I only ate two. One of each kind.
Maybe it was three?
They were sooo good.  Totally awesome.  We are giving most of them
away...(Martha notice in top right corner..I'm using cup you gave me
for today's coffee).

Now you may think it's strange that someone is 'dying to make' donuts.
but let me  tell you a story. When we were growing up, Mrs Randoph
who lived just a mile up the road made and sold homemade donuts
every Fri, Sat and  Sun.  People came from miles around to get
her donuts.  I have been wanting to making them all of these years.
Mine were not as good as hers.  Oh well.

Have a nice week dear blog readers, and when it snows or the
nights go down to 15 degress, remember that is so Ruth can wear
her mittens before spring!!!!!!!
LOLOLOL

1 comment:

martha said...

Homemade doughnuts are fantabulous. I'm sure there's an easier batter with less rising...