Sunday, July 29, 2007

Knowing When to Cut the Cord.........

Sometimes it takes us a while to know when to cut the cord and sometimes, it's obvious.
Mystery Project 3 is one of the times when it took me a while.....I would knit 3 or 4 rows
perfectly then mess up - take it to Village Yarn Shop and miracle worker Van would fix
it for me. Then I'd do another 10 or 12 rows and have to take it to Van (and sometimes Paula)....but when I got to row 99 and made a mistake I figured enough is enough. Van and Paula are great encouragement and help, but I can't go thru this whole process with them fixing me up!
So, I shut my eyes, took the sissors, and cut the yarn.

I had sooo much fun doing this. I loved doing the lace, the beads and the yarn is amazing!
I feel obsessed. I started another shawl that turned out to be disasterous for other reasons.
So this weekened I browsed thru books galore trying to find a shawl that I could do, and that would make me feel challenged. I finally resorted to a pattern book with lace patterns.
I think I may have found something - but I have to do the math. I will definately, do a shawl,
but will take me time and enjoy it .....

By the way, the Mystery Project is going to be amazing for those that finish. The pattern was not that hard, it was just me.

- - - - - - - - - -

This was a big birthday weekend for --- me!
Lots of family, boating and food!
Too much food!
The kids were around - a lot! Which was fab.

Thanks to all that made it special for me.

And by the way, I'm still fourtysomething - for a few more years anyway!

Will post some pictures this week....have a good one....and stay safe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Connie!

Still in your forties! You are still young.

The next time I get to your neck of the woods, I will let you know and I will buy you breakfast.

Toodles