Monday, August 6, 2007

The Small Stuff

I have decided that August will be the month of small stuff. I have a few small projects I have been wanting to do for a while....yesterday I started the biscuit blanket and have about 5" done. It is a slow knit. I am using Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton that my favorite yarn shop, Spirit Work, has on sale for $1.99 a ball - thinking it will take 3 balls. Cotton is so different to knit with when used to wool, it's very stiff and not as flowy. Plus this pattern is very cool, but I'm bored with it already and have another 7" to go.

I also want to make some felted slippers - would like to make a couple of pair for Christmas presents.

Fetching is next on my list. I have made a few pair and they are a fast, simple knit. I have put my own spin on them and like my version much better than this pattern.

I have to finish my current sweater, about 1/2 way done with the 2nd sleeve, and am still working on the sock I started a while ago.

Lots of knitting on deck....let's see how much I get done!

Summer Lovin

This past week has been so wonderful here in Western New York - nice and warm - lots of pool time. The garden is bursting with fresh veggies, though if we don't get some rain soon everything is going to wither away. Joe waters, but it's not the same as rain.

Have a good day, and remember, "Wherever you go, there you are"......

No comments: