Sunday, November 15, 2009

French Press Slippers Rock!

I whipped up the French Press Slippers in no time last weekend - and sewed them together on Monday. Pattern can be purchased here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/french-press-felted-slippers.

I used some old (and I mean old 4+ years) Elann Highland Wool yarn I had in the stash. There is enough yarn left to make Tiffany a pair. I did not want to give her the first pair as they were experiments. I have to get some fabric paint to put on the bottom so they are not so slippery.
I made the medium size. I really thought I screwed up and was going to have to give them to someone with big feet but I just kept felting and felting and eventually they became my size!

I got gauge with size 15 needles - can you say uncomfortable! I adore them and will wear them often - always take slippers along to the holiday gatherings so this year I have some real special ones to bring.





The 2nd purple sock is almost done - I'm cruising down the foot - I will save that for brainless knitting this week.

Marcia:
My friend Marcia recently completed her very first sweater. She did yoke sweater with knitted in sleeves. We used the EZ percentage system to figure out the size. I am so proud of her - it fits perfectly. She used a superwash wool from KnitPicks. I wish you could see it in person - it is
absolutely stunning.



Ruth and Martha are on a sister weekend so no updates from them. I know Ruth has been spinning a lot this week, and I have not heard from Martha. I'll let you know what's brewing
with them next week.

Happy Knitting.......stay safe.

No comments: