Sunday, November 29, 2009

Special Stuff

I am very privileged to be the proud owner of some two-ply yarn that Ruth spun from our trip to Rhinebeck. I believe it is Romney, but I could be wrong. I washed it and wound into cakes today.
If I calculated right, I have about 300 yards. (I think Martha has some, too). Thanks ,Ruth.
Now I need to decide what to make. Joey said I should dye it because whatever I make will get too dirty looking. Joe helped me unwind a huge tangle on the swift and decided it is perfect sock yarn for him. Now that I think of it, it is similar to LopiLite--he has one of my first socks made from the LopiLite. It is too precious for socks, but I'm not telling him that. This picture is awful.



I finished up my Sister-in-Law Donna's socks. Very plain jane socks. Made from Dream in Color Smooshy. I had a lot leftover, which I would have made them a little longer. Her birthday is on Christmas Eve, so these are birthday socks, not Christmas socks.


I also finished up a quick hat in worsted Malabrigo for Joe. The color is blue/teal.
I did a lot of ribbing so he can be nice and warm.


I am working on some other socks and an experiment. More later.....

Martha made her son Tom some fingerless alpaca gloves.
Pattern: Urban Necessity, by Colleen Michele Meagher, which was published in Mag knits
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca-Light knitted on size 5 needle


I love these. They are so professional!

Ruth is still working on the Tomten jacket for her granddaughter, and she has
started an Anne Hanson sock pattern.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Tiffany and I went shopping on black Friday and had
a blast. Bargains galore! Not a very knitful weekend, but oh well, there is always
next weekend.

have a happy week!

No comments: