Sunday, October 14, 2018

Brook - The good and the bad

I had an epiphany this week while finishing up
the Brookings sweaterNotice I said
FINISHING the sweater. I worked pretty hard
to get that thing done. Even Joe was helping me with
chores saying "go work on the sweater" .  After 2+ years
I guess it was time. I want to wear it at Rhinebeck.

Brookings sweater = the Good Brook


The epiphany was the yarn.  It was from
"the texas girls" purchased at Rhinebeck. I love
their yarn.  LOVE it.!  I could not find them on
the vendor list for rhinebeck and thought I must




not have the right name so i looked at the yarn
label and  their name is : Brooks Farm yarn

Brookings sweater with Brooks farm yarn!

Brooks Farm Yarn = the bad Brook....

why bad?  because they are no longer doing
yarn festivals.  I am so sad. 

This was a little long when I was blocking it....so I threw it
in the dryer for 20 min, then  blocked as usual. I really
cinched it up nicely. 

I did a little waste shaping...

The yarn is so nice...did I say that already?

Also worked on socks this week. I am ready
to do afterthought heel.

I'd love to have a start on the 2nd one before Rhinebeck,
but that may not happen.


Ruth has no updates for this week.

Martha started a vest from Folk Vest book,
called Garter vest.

Here is her vest


Here is a picture of her pink sweater with sleeves.
She is waiting for hook/eye closure to come in the mail.

In other news:
Tiffany came today and brought flowers.


Joey came today and brought Benny

No blog update next week as Ruth, Martha and I will be in
Rhinebeck for the weekend.

No comments: