Sunday, October 7, 2018

Pink !!!


Pink! 
Ummmm no not this one !

Martha is really really zooming along on her pink sweater,
and will have it done well before we go to Rhinebeck in two weeks.

She has engineered it quite a lot to make it the masterpiece she wanted.
I asked her to give details...here they are in her own words:

I don't have the sleeves in, but at least the front is not twisted! 

 I bought this yarn on a cone from a WEBS tent sale in Northampton. I probably bought it 10 years ago. It's been sitting around since then waiting for me to be able to figure out what to do with it.

I took it to Rhinebeck with the idea of buying some linen to knit with it to give it body, which I was successful finding. 
Then I searched patterns made with boucle yarn, such as this, and found Beckmickle by Louisa Harding on ravalry.

I had to find this pattern which was published in 2006. I posted on ravalry to buy a copy of the pattern book. Someone responded and I bought it.

So I just am piecing it. I'm going to buy some hooks and eyes off etsy to close it... 

That's my story! Not a great picture. It's almost done!


 A lot of work with a great outcome !

 Ruth has started a new sweater !!!
The yarn is yellower than she thought it would be, but not in a bad way.
 Pattern is Tilda by Yoko Hatta. It's from one of Brooklyn Tweeds collections. 

I have worked a little on my Brookings sweater.
I am almost done with the 2nd sleeve...then just
have to pick up stitches around the neck.
I really want to get it done for Rhinebeck..wish me luck.
I'm so tired after work I  haven't been working on it
-- afraid to make a mistake !


I think I have shorter than average arms!
Worked on the pink sock.
Pattern is K1, Slip One, K1, K1
2nd row is Knit

I like how it is turning out. No pooling of the yarn.
I havent' worked on this sock all week...but I do think it
looks big. I had Joe try it on today, and I think it will be just
fine if I decrease 4 stitches, and then maybe 4 again as I get near the
ankle...we'll see

In other news:
Joe and his friend Nicky went fishing yesterday.
yes, they caught lots again.
Denise and I went there about 2:00 when they were done
fishing and went for a nice boat ride. Leaves have not
really started to change yet.

The  kids sent me cute pictures of the granddoggies.

Here is Benny

And Max

Wishing you a  very knitful week dear blog readers!

No comments: