Sunday, December 15, 2019

Little of this and a little of that


Do you believe Christmas is in nine days?  I have a lot to do yet,
but the knitting is mostly done.

The Kobuk hat is done.  I just have to secure the pompom



I am so glad I re-engineered it and made the ribbing
k1pl.  A lot of work, but worth it.  


The Kidsilk haze makes it so soft. Even softer than the yarn
itself.  I can't believe I'm giving it away.  LOL


The final present I'm knitting is the Alpine Headband. Free pattern
on Ravelry.For my friend Denise. She loves black. I hate to knit
with black. But, it's not about me. :)
I had looked over a couple other headband patterns before this one.
I am altering this one with a little from another pattern, and a little
from this one. Little of this and a little of that.  I added an i-cord
edging to this and added two extra stitches. I like the results.
I am about 1/3 or so done.

Finished up the Helmet Liner. I think I have now officially made
one for every man I know that goes outside...wait...I can make
another one for George who does the driveway sometimes.  hahaha
They are wonderful when it's really cold.
I am participating in in the JFY6 (Just for you 6).
Get a clue each day 12 days prior to Christmas. I've done this
before. I am on day 3.  The intent is for it to be about an hour a
day for relaxing time. So far its quite boring but relaxing for sure.
One more reason I am doing this is I have yarn from my purple
sweater to use. Yea. I have done some serious stash busting with
all of this Holiday knitting. 





Ruth is working on a new sweater.
Shenandoah Fibers.  Woodland Moss colorway.
She got this beaultiful yarn at Rhinebeck this year.

Pattern is Colors for a Cloudy Day by Connie Peng.


Martha is working away on her second mitten.

Reminder she designed these herself

I love these two pictures that show them done side by side

Wonderful...just wonderful.
She wants to get a Kobuk hat done by  Christmas.
She can do it!

In other news...work is crazy busy for me so I really look forward
to knitting at night.  It is my happy place.  I am only working
Mon-Thurs this week, then off until January 2nd. I need the break.
Have a great week  dear blog knitters.
Merry Christmas.
p.s. Go Bills!  (they are the late Sunday night game this week)

1 comment:

Best in Knitter said...

Connie your hat is beautiful. Yes the k1p1 is a great improvement. Beautiful!