Sunday, April 26, 2020

More of the same

More of the same here this week.  I resisted the urge to
start another project, and let me tell you the urge was great!
When looking at what I have accomplished, does not look like
much knitting. 

Finished up the first sock.
Foot decreases are done on 2nd one and zooming down the foot.
1st picture is actual color



Managed to get two repeats done on the Vedder shawl.
I'm anxious to start the two color patterning.  The color is
much more green than this.  Two more 12-row repeats.


No new knitting on the  Wallaby.  I was looking at the finished
ones on  Ravelry, and a lot of knitters complained about the
pattern measurements for kids.  I will have to do some research
and see some other patterns that are similar.
That is what I do when I'm stuck. I search for free patterns
on Rav that are similar, and look at the numbers to see how
far off the pattern I'm using is.  Sometimes, that really works.



I will also look in this book which is a great reference.



 It still bugs me that I shrunk the Fan and Feather sweater. I read
someplace this week that if the hair conditioner method didn't work,
try a vinegar soak.  It worked a little, but not enough.

Ruth finished the back of her Alana pullover sweater, and
had a good start on the front.


Yarn is West Yorkshire spinners Croft. Mossbank colorway.
It is so beautiful!  She sure had vision on this one!


Martha finished up her Ivy Line sweater!
Beautiful and great fit!
  

 She has a lot of yarn left, which is going to Ruth.

 She has a good start on her new sweater using Jill Draper
yarn.  She is using this Brooklyn Tweed pattern as a template.
Note her detailed notes!


So pretty!
A close up.
 

 In other news:

Check out this birds nest:

 on the boat!

 We had lobster last night to celebrate our  37th anniversary.
Not a bad way to celebrate.

 Ruth made this sourdough bread today.
Yes, it is real. Perfection!


 Have a good week dear blog readers.
Stay safe.











1 comment:

Best in Knitter said...

We are a trio of good knitters