Sunday, May 5, 2013

This and That

Spring is here, so not a lot of knitting going on. Work
has been a challenge this week, so brain was not fully
engaged to knit.

2nd brown sock is started, but I'm kinda bored with it right
now. 

Tiffany requested another pair of ankle socks made with
Elann Esprit yarn. Same thing as Cascade Fixation, but about
$2 per ball cheaper.


I used the double stitch heel, which I like a lot.  I also
like that I could make it from memory!  LOLOLOL


Buttons finally on the sweater.


I added a button on the back for stability


Found some embroidery floss that matched the button perfectly.
I split the floss and use three threads.  I really love it to sew on
sweater buttons.


I like the slight contrast of the buttons


this picture is probably the most accurate color of sweater and buttons


My family still hates the sweater color, but I think I'll be in style when
fall rolls around.

It is slightly tight, and I will probably never trust a swatch that has been washed
again.  The swatch went from 4.5 unwashed to 4 washed (stitches per inch).
had is trusted the 4.5, it would have been a better fit.  I like that I made
room for my hips, and all in all like it.....inspite of the color.

I will admit, the knitting is not my best work. Close up you can see the mistakes....

Ruth finished up her sweater...look how pretty it is and how nice it fits...Irish
coffee pattern...

She is working on some nice socks. Look at the patterning...

 Socks are knit from Alpaca with a Twist Socrates sock yarn. Baby alpaca, merino, bamboo and nylon. Yummy. 



 Martha is working on another baby sweater..check out the fun colors.
She sent this a few days ago, so I suspect it is  nearly done by now.


 My spring flowers are soooo pretty this year. I don't ever remember this
many tulips in the yard.


 Close up of intense color...


Hard to believe some parts of the country have tons of snow. We are having
warmer than usual weather....Happy Spring dear blog readers....














No comments: