Sunday, December 14, 2014

It's a Wrap!

The 2014 Christmas knitting season is coming to an end, and I'm
ready to wrap.  Note there are 6 pairs of socks, 3 hats,
3 fingerless mitts, one cowl, one finished scarf, and one work-in
progress scarf. 
The Funicular hats need pompoms yet.

I you tubed how to make a pompom for a hat and did not know it was
going to be such a pain the a**.  OMG.  It will be worth it though.

The purple scarf is a little less than half way done. Bosc pattern.
I really have to pay attention. It's for a coworker and I'm really hoping
to get it done. If I really concentrate on it this week, I think I can do it.

The color in the picture above is more accurate. A grape purple.
The yarn is Aslan  King Baby Llama & Mulberry Silk. Very nice and soft.
I've had it in my stash for a long time so glad to find a nice project
for it.   The pattern  calls for i-cord edging which I am really loving!

Ruth finished up her Snug by Hinke sweater.  I love it!
Such a nice wearable garment for a baby. She opted for a collar
rather than a hood.  So chic!
She started another one  knit with some Colinette Jitterbug yarn
and some leftover blue sock yarn from her stash. Pattern is Room to 
Grow by Veera Valimaki.

This is for the same baby.

Martha is working on some cute leggings -- for the same baby!
Go-vet alls, found on Ravalry. Made with Ella Rae superwash.

She has put the blanket on hold for now.  Here is the progress thus-far.
 All of these baby things need to be done and in Martha's suitcase
by Christmas Eve when she is flying off to Germany to deliver in
person.  She and Ruth are really working hard to make this baby
dressed in style and warmth.

We had our annual Christmas party last night.  My favorite
night of the whole season.  I hardly took any pictures!
The house was beautiful with lights and candles, that you can't
see in the pictures I took later in the evening.


Mark and Joey thought it was a Halloween costume party
and came dressed as Rednecks.  Oh well, they had fun...
Mickey was so out of sorts with the Company...poor thing.


No comments: