Sunday, May 5, 2019

What Was I Thinking ?

Well this post is about a series of unfortunate events. 

Martha actually had time to knit today, and realized she
didn't have the right size needles for her sleeves...

what was she thinking.... 

after all of these non-knitting weeks...she could have
ordered them and had them ready.  She may be able
to use 16" circs....she has two more weeks of classes
left then can knit again.

Ruth is almost done with her sweater.
2nd sleeve is done and she is working on
the collar. I think it is so lovely and this
color will be so pretty on her.

Ruth forgot to close her bedroom door last
night and her kitty Lucy had her up at 5:30 am!
If only she had remembered...

what was she thinking....

So I've been moving along on the Llawendydd 
shawl. 
(Do people lay in  bed at night thinking up names
for these patterns!)


Once I got done with the hard rows, it's been
moving pretty fast...mainly stockinette stitch.

The hard rows were really hard.
Maybe it's just my brain. I had to look at chart,
then at legend, then at pattern again.  I could not
look and knit...it was like a 6 step process for me!
Jeeze
I am at 80 stitches now and go down to three...

Are you ready for my what was I thining?  
It's a doozey!
I'm almost too embarrassed to write about it.
I can see Ruth shaking her head and Martha laughing.
I deserve both.

I wove in the ends on my sweater yesterday.
My sink and bathtub leak, so Joe brought in an
empty and clean kitty little container and put in
a garbage bag so I could give it a good soak overnight.
Genious...I know.

This morning after a good nights sleep, I wrung it out and
it looked a little big.  I had already soaked it two times before
during the knitting process.


Pretty huh

I love the colors and can't wait to wear it to Rhinebeck.

Well since my purple one was big when wet and I put
it in the dryer to just cinch it up a bit and I decided to do
it to this one. 
Low dryer setting, 20 min...
Yea, these pictures are after I FELTED my beautiful sweater.
The good news is...it fits really well...
It is just not oversized like I was going for.

I did not bind off the sleeves in case after blocking
I would need to shorten or lengthen...Now that is a problem.
Being 3/4 felted, I will really need to pick the stitches out
and bind off and hope it does not look weird.


I will save it for another day. I really need to think about it.
So I know what you are thinking...

what was she thinking!!!!!

I don't know. 

No comments: