Sunday, April 18, 2021

Gettin it Done!


 Hi Dear Blog readers,  I hope you have had a good week. 

As I told you in January, one of my goals this year is to learn new things.  I learned how to do Magic Loop method using one needle for "in the round"  things.  It was pretty easy to learn. It is fiddly and not that fun, but I do think the sleeves look nice.  Here is my finished baby sweater.

MK#1 Baby Cardigan by Minimal Knits.

Size 7 Needles   Plymouth Select Yarn  Size 6-9 months.

I am currently deciding on buttons.  It is a very plain looking sweater so I wanted the buttons to make it pop.  I cannot find nice baby buttons any more.  And this size is not really baby.  Sigh.  Stay tuned next week for the finale.



I decided to make a  matching hat. Blue trim and the hat will be the green. Dull knitting.  LOL.



 Ruth is winding down on her Forager by Isabelle Kraemer. 

She finished up the braid at the bottom and is now doing the ribbing.  I was able to fondle it on Friday and it's a very airy yarn. Yarn is Harrisville Shear.  Felt so nice.  Will be warm without being stifling hot.   It is soooo nice!


Martha was able to get a lot of knitting done this week.

She is almost done with her 2nd front!

 First two pictures are of the finished back and one front.  Third picture is of the front in progress.

You can tell what a lot of work this sweater is!  It is beautiful!

 

 

 In other news:

Mickey found a basket that I was going to take outside.  He is sooo funny!


The weeping Japanese Cherry Tree is at peak beautifulness today

The hyachinths are at peak and smell so wonderful.

I love spring and all of the flowers !!

Have a good week dear blog readers. Stay safe and be kind.

No comments: