Sunday, April 25, 2021

Take 2

 Hi Dear Blog Readers,

I have finished up the hat that will match the baby boy sweater.

Plymouth Select Yarn   Size 7 Needles   Cast on 80 stitches.

I have not blocked yet, that will take care of the wonky stitches.

The sweater has no buttons yet, but I have decided on some so that is progress, right!

Just now finished up my son-in-law's giant size 13 socks.

I didn't think I would ever get these done. 

I did cast on for the 2nd one so it does not lag.  This is the first pair I have ever made him that was not from Hawthorne yarn. I think he will like something different.

Last Sunday (because I like to start new things on a Sunday when my brain is quiet) I cast on for the 2nd Fern & Feather.  Take #2 of this sweater.  The first one I made a couple years ago, and that is the one I shrunk!  This yarn is from virtual Rhinebeck 2020.  CeCe's Wool - Local Cozy Corriedale.  So far I like the yarn a lot!  Size 7 needle.



Ruth is done with the first sleeve of her Forager Sweater. Looks so nice!  She went to see Martha this week and they went on a yarn adventure. 


Blue in middle is  peace fleece from Harrisville.  At Green Mountain Spinnery she bought the small bundled skeins. The yarn on the right is a kit from the shop called Elegant Ewo in Concord, NH that they’d made up for da crofters kep by Wilma Malcomson. Ruth has  been wanting to do some Shetland color work for a while.  It looks like a nice project that won’t be overwhelming.  

I can't wait to see what she knits up in the new yarn!  All so nice!

 

Martha  has both of her sweater fronts done.  Yea!

The one on the right is the first one she did and the one on the left is the one she just finished.   She thinks they look big but they overlap on the front for an asymmetrical front so she's hoping they will do.  The one she just finished is about an inch bigger so she's hoping it shrinks a little when it dries because she made them with lots of detail to the row/stitch counting.  She has  to do sleeves next which she will do by knitting them in.


She is working on this cute hat for her son while waiting for sweater pieces to dry. 



No other news this week.

Have a great week dear blog readers.  Stay safe and be kind.


No comments: