Sunday, October 15, 2023

The Final Countdown!

 Hi Dear Blog Readers,

I keep hearing the song "The Final Countdown" in my head as I get ready for Rhinebeck next week. I have a few things ready...not much yet. It's the mental attitude that is totally there!  I have a little cold but the good news is it should be gone by Friday....fingers crossed!  

Finished up the 1st sock last night...Heel to Toe Do Si Do socks.  Have two rows of the 2nd sock started.


Jayce needs a hat so I will look to see if I have yarn to start one before Rhinebeck It would be great knitting while we are chatting about....knitting!

Ruth finished up her beautiful sweater....yes another beautiful sweater!

Farmhouse Cardigan. Amy Christophers. Green Mountain Spinery Mountain Mohair, Fern color. She is deciding on buttons.


Martha is doing well on her current sweater.  Here is the left front and the back.


 

Also spending time on her "chicken yarn" sock.



In other news:

I did a lot of cooking this weekend.  Chile, beef stew, bread and brownies. My mom used to laugh that we ate so many leftovers, but when you work full time you figure out how to make week nights easier.  

No blog post next week dear readers...I will just be getting home from  the long Rhinebeck drive.

Have a great knitfull week!


2 comments:

karen said...

I have never been to rhinebeck but I think I would only like it if it was raining and the crowd size was way way way down, lol.

Jane said...

I am envious of your trip to Rhinebeck. Have the best time and eat an apple cider doughnut for me. All of the knitting is lovely. Yes, I remember those days of working and trying to keep decent meals on the table. It does take some planning or a cooking fairy in the form of a husband who goes for take-out.