Sunday, October 29, 2023

Rhinebeck was Great!

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!  It's been a very busy two weeks since we chatted last. Rhinebeck trip has come and gone. A very successful trip.  We had a LOT of rain Friday, almost no rain  Saturday at the show, and a LOT of rain for the drive home Sunday.  It was great to run around and shop until the rain came on  Saturday.

We stayed at a very nice three bedroom Air BnB.  Here are some pictures of our of the cute animals:


Our purchases:

Ruth bought a big wool comforter!  Martha wrapped her in it and put all of her purchases on top of her..

She has started a sweater in the beautiful blue yarn.

I got a few small quantities of yarn as well as a few other things. Not sure what they will be. Love the logo this year!

Martha got some red yarn to finish up her current sweate.  She went to the Bartlet shop and they were very accommodating finding her the right red.

I finished up the first sock and have a little start on the 2nd.


Made Jayce a hat.  The hat part is done, now I have to start the ear flaps.

My own pattern for the cable:

P2, Cable 3, P4, Cable 3, P2

I switched the cables front and back each time. 

Started a sweater...Golden Assam. 

The pattern notes from other Ravelers say it runs small, and my gauge is a little small, so I'm making the larger size. My size is in the middle of  two! I think it will work out fine. 

Ruth has two sleeves done on a new sweater she is making from Green Mt Spinery yarn - Box Top  Smock.  This is the same yarn she used for the sweater she just finished up in green. Very nice!

She is chipping away at sock #2

Martha is also working on sock #2!

And her beautiful sweater. It is so beautiful....detail is amazing.


It was great to see the two of them..we had a great time...lots of girl talk!

In other news:

My work had a halloween event on Wednesday. Tiffany brought the kids and we had a great time trick or treating thru the building.

Friday the weather was beautiful here.  Tiffany dressed the boys up in the matching sheep sweaters I made for them last Christmas and did a photo shoot outside for me.  Im glad the sweaters fit them at the same time!






Tiffany took boys to a farm yesterday and I love this pic of the alpaca she sent me

And finally, Joey shot this monster buck with his bow last Sunday. Im so proud of him. The rack is huge!

Have a good week dear blog readers....knit on!


2 comments:

karen said...

so happy you got to go there and adopt some things. Loved seeing the photos of everyone!!

Jane said...

Wow. What a fun few weeks you have had. I too love seeing the photos of everyone. The little boys in those sheep sweaters are precious. Maybe someday I'll attend Rhinebeck. It is so far away from Nebraska. I do enjoy seeing your photos of the animals. It's too bad it rained but I guess that doesn't deter knitters. I looked at the sweater pattern you have begun. It looks very pretty.