Sunday, January 14, 2024

Slightly Imperfect

 Hi Dear Blog Knitters!

We have had an extremely windy week here in Western NY.  Blizzard conditions this morning and now the sun is out and it's beautiful. Lots of BIG branches down in our yard.

This week I worked exclusively on the mittens.

Finished up mitten hand #2...Now on to both thumbs.

I love this yarn...Kind of greeny bluey. So soft. I was going to give these away, but they are slightly imperfect.  Remember I did the short rows on the palm...It turned out great, and I love it, but it looks a little wonky so would not give them away.  I need some warmer mitts for walking anyway.

this is the palm side.  Slip stitch pattern for double warmth. I did the slip stitch pattern while doing the short rows.    I can't wait to get these done. It's not like me to be exclusive with my knitting but that is what Im in the mood for. Next up is finishing up the 2nd sock.

Ruth started a new project this week...

Yarn is Green Mtn Spinnery cotton comfort, navy color. Pattern is Sleeve-less by Lone Kjeldsen at Hyggestrik.  She started a different pattern last week with this yarn, and it just was not working the way she wanted it to.  The pattern/yarn combo were slightly imperfect.

 

Martha is working on the sleeves of her Wanderling sweater. The bottom band needs to be reknit on smaller needles..and the sleeves are slightly imperfect because they are knit on smaller needles and should be on larger needles.....she added the sleeve pic so we could see the difference in stitch size. I don't think anyone will notice and the blog will not tell....


In other news:

Mason came for a sleepover on Friday. It was a success (meaning he stayed and didn't want to go home!).

Jayce missed him terrible when he was gone.

He wanted to make cookies.I promise his hands and arms were thoroughly washed before we started.

Here is little Charlotte this week...so cute

Have a good week dear blog readers...I'm off to work on the thumbs!




2 comments:

karen said...

I love the mitts and the will be warm!! I've been wearing mine this week because it is COLD!

Jane said...

Good luck with the mitten thumbs. That lovely pair will be done in no time. What a great idea to add extra warmth with slip stitches. The raglan detail on Martha's sweater is beautiful. Stay warm and safe.