Sunday, January 28, 2024

In the Bleak Midwinter

 Hi Dear Blog Readers,

I read a book with the title In the Bleak Midwinter and that title is how it feels here in Western NY this week.  (It is also a biblical poem).  We have had very foggy, rainy days and nights. So gray and gloomy.... The snow is melted and it is very springlike outside  (think mudd !).   By the way, that book is part of a series that is very good if you're interested....older...mystery....

I worked exclusively on the sock but didn't make much progress.  I have a cold so maybe I can work on it today while we watch football.  

The colors are so much nicer than the picture shows.


Ruth is working on her Sleeve-less vest.  Looks great. She is working on the front section now.


Martha finished up the bottom of her sweater but does not like it. She may rip and do ribbing.


She is going to start a sweater for her son Tom from this book:


Valley Yarns, Whately, 68% baby alpaca, 32% cotton. Here’s her swatch.  


Have a good week dear blog readers.  I wonder if the groundhog will see his shadow on Friday?



3 comments:

Jane said...

I really enjoy knitting from that Ann Budd book. All of these projects look great. Good progress is being made and that is what counts. I hope your cold doesn't last too long. Have a good week.

Jane said...

P.S. Thanks for the tip on the Bleak Midwinter book. I do enjoy mysteries now and again. The phrase makes me think of the hymm, "In the Bleak Midwinter."

karen said...

I have that book! that is one pretty sock you got there. The sun is out over here in western PA and it is GLORIOUS!!