Sunday, January 21, 2024

Wintery Mix

 Hi Dear Blog Readers....Our weather has been a wintery mix of  snow and snow and wind this week. We have about a foot of new snow since Thursday.  It's just beautiful out as I write this blog post. The bright sun on the snow...ah...


Knitting has been a wintery mix also.


I've been working on the socks I started back in September.  I stopped to work on a few Christmas presents. This is the 2nd sock...just starting the foot.

First picture is more accurate color.  I'll get a lot done later today watching football...I hope.

Mittens are blocked...and sooo warm.

Mark, my son in law sent me this picture this week, wearing socks I made him a few years ago. He said he worked outside all day and his feet stayed nice and warm...yea! 

Ruth got a lot done on her Sleeve-less vest this week. So very pretty.  She is up to the armholes.

Martha is going to redo the bottom band...maybe size 2 needles today on her pretty wanderling sweater.

She is so good about just ripping back and starting over if she think it needs to be done.

In other news:

Casey sent me this picture of sweet Charlotte. Getting so big. She is 2 months old tomorrow!

I made vegetable lo mein with shrimp last night. Lots of chopping but so worth it...better than restauratn Joe said!

The little boys came to visit today. Jayce is 9 months old this week!


These two were up to trouble when I snapped this picture!


Have a good week dear blog readers..stay warm and  Knit On!

GO BILLS!!!

2 comments:

karen said...

that's a lot of snow! we have five inches. But it will be melting starting today since it will be above freezing. I do love when people wear the knits I knit for them!! That is the best thank you ever.

Jane said...

Wool socks are so warm. I'm glad you are enjoying the mittens. The cream colored sweater is beautiful. The children are even more beautiful. They are so sweet. Does Jayce look like you? I think I see a resemblance. Those socks will be done in no time. Lots of snow here too.