Sunday, April 7, 2024

Bobbles are like snowflakes

 Hi Dear Blog Readers....

Well the big event is tomorrow....total Solar Eclipse.  It's supposed to be cloudy near me and the total path....too bad.  We have our glasses ready and will probably sit outside. I have to work, but I'll take my lunch during that time. 

Managed to finish  the yoke on the Crowberry sweater.

The bobbles on the top row are supposed to be just blue stitches, but I thought it looked more balanced with baby bobbles. I just did a two stitch bobble instead of three.  My bobbles are like snowflakes...no two are the same!

 

The top of the yoke was done twice.  It was wayyyyy too far up my neck when I did it the right way. So I tinked back and just did a rolled edge....It's still taller than I would like but I'll wear it with a collar shirt and I think it will be fine.  Sleeves next.



Ruth started a cute little project this week. Yarn is Bare Naked Wools Cabécou sport weight. Pattern is Small Fry scarf. Yarn is thanks to Martha. She is already on the decreases.


 Martha is working on her sweater vest. Travalli. The pattern directions are really hard to figure out. I think it looks great.

 In other news:

I love crockpot meals on a Saturday. Fix it and do whatever I want. Yesterday I tried a new recipe that is called French Onion Meatballs.  Only substitute I made was using Beefy Onion soup mix rather than French Onion soup mix.  Alexa said it was fine. :)  Joe and dad (and me) loved it. Next time I would not add as much parm cheese as it made it a little too salty,.  They had a lot of flavor so I paired with steamed asparagus,  mashed potatoes and salad.

Ruth got a new mug - knitting themed:  so adorable!

Martha has had a rough couple of weeks.  She lost her little (white) dog Penny.  These are both of her doggies that have passed on.  Thank goodness for knitting, right!


Have a good week dear blog readers...




2 comments:

karen said...

May you see something during the eclipse!! it's cloudy here so far. Lovely knitting!!

Jane said...

I do love the colors in your sweater. All of the knitting is so pretty. I'm sorry about the loss of the pet. They are like family and losing one is hard. Yes, thank goodness for knitting.