Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fall

Fall is here, that means more time to knit - yea! Except that it has been very summerlike here in Western NY so we have been spending as much time outdoors as possible.
I went to the Hemlock Fibre Arts Festival two weeks ago and controlled myself remarkably well. I only purchased 3 sock yarns, some yarn to make a sweater for Joe, and some lace meriono for a shawl.

Another Finished Object:
I finished the Prime Alpaca Sweater that I finished in early July. I really love the way it turned out. It is a little bit itchy - I think all wool things bother me a little bit, but that's what undergarments are for - I'm not going to stop knitting with wool. The pattern called for a cable by the raglan edge - not very noticeable in this yarn - but that's ok. I also added two rounds of the cable on each sleeve to give it a little pizzaz.


I'm working on a little shrug from some yarn that I got at Hemlock last year.
I needed a bit more yarn -- wa able to get some that matched quite well at my LYS.
See the green at the bottom....nice huh


This week I spent a lot of time on my dad's sock.
I want to get it done before his birthday
end of November. The pattern is adapted from IK - Fall 2006
Father and Son Socks. I just used the cable on the edge, and am
carrying it all the way down the foot. I am loving this yarn,
Monarch, that I purchased from Little Knits--except that
my fingers are turning black - I'll have to give these socks
a nice long vinegar soak before I give them away. my
colorway is a black/forrest green and I'm loving they way
they are turning out.

Family Stuff:

Joey spent time in the ER again last night. He smashed
his finger at work and the nail was pushed down into the
skin - I wont' go into details - but just know it was totally
gross and very very painful. Poor kid!

Tiffany is loving college this year and studing a lot - as it
should be!

I'll leave you with a picture of what we are lucky enough
to see in our backyard - have a great week and stay safe.

No comments: