Sunday, November 8, 2015

In my second life, I want to come back as a.....

 sock drawer.....
The time we put into a pair of socks..and who sees them...
we see them when we put them on, and take them off.  The rest
of the time the details are hidden under pants and in shoes.
The sock drawer gets the most time with them.
I finished up the Shur'tgal socks today.
Fiber Optics yarn, size 1.25 needles.
It usually takes me 4 weeks to do a pair....one week for leg, one week
for foot x two.  This is the last pair I had to do before Christmas...I might
sneak another pair in.

This year I made the biggest ones first, and finished up with these
size 6.5. 
They need to be blocked yet, and I have to reinforce the heel., but I don't
feel like doing that tonight.
The little detail before starting decreasing is so cute...but no one will see it...
I will  know its there (me and the sock drawer).

I do have to say though, that Joe does show off his sock patterns.
He raises his pants at work and says look what my wife made me.
I really don't think truck drivers and construction dudes care, but he
said it gives them something to talk about in the winter when its so cold
out and they are sneaking inside for a few minutes to try and get warm.
Gotta love that guy!

I finished up the baby hat this week. Sock yarn.
A nice distraction from the complex blue socks.


I added the gray color to make the green stretch.  I did a little research
to make the stripes look better (better than my usual).  I knit a plain
row when adding a new color. It does not mess with the ribbing.
Also moved the new color start around so it was a few stitches past
the last new color.
See how they are a little off? This way its not so obvious.
I'm happy with the results and can't wait to see it on Little Chase.

I'm at a loss of what to knit next.  Maybe start socks?  I have a lot of
possibilities. 

In other news...
We were all missing mom and dad so I had them for dinner today.
I made butternut squash soup....and it was totally delish!
Not too much cream as it was nice and thick on it's own.
Recipe from Pioneer Woman.

Made roast pork, applesauce, mashed potatoes/gravy and green beans to
go with it. Mom brought cole slaw.
Yummy. I had to remove my plate from the table after this so I didn't go
back for 2nds 3rds and 4ths like everyone else.

The fall has been so nice and warm here. I took a little walk after dinner
and the sky was beautiful....

Ruth and Martha are having a sister weekend so no updates from
them this week.  Martha wore her Lili Pilli shawl this week and got
lots of compliments...and Ruth finished up her first sock from the
sock blank.  They will update next week.

Have a wonderful week...happy knitting!



No comments: