Sunday, July 22, 2018

Little progress


 I have made little knitting progress this week.
I didn't knit most nights...too hot!
Too tired after work!

This is the shakerag  top. I'm working on the back now.
I know it looks like a hot mess right now...but
blocking will make it better.

 Since my numbers are different,I need to do some
serious math before I start the shoulder/neck decreasing...
Wish me luck.
 This is progress on mom's sock.
I decided to use Scatterby free pattern.

 It doesn't look like much. A 4 row pattern.
I love that it keeps the yarn from pooling.
Win!!!
 I am only using the 4 row chart, not
making the actual pattern. They are a
toe up sock.

 Joe finally modeled his Crystal Palace Panda cotton socks.
He likes them.
I added ribbing on the sides...I wasn't sure how this
yarn was going to react, and ribbing is a wonderful thing.
it can stretch or hug the leg..
I'm not a fan of cotton, but these had elastic in them
which help.


 Ruth has two pair of socks going....she didn't get
much chance to knit this week either.




Martha finished up her lovely shawl!
 Alby shawl by Bonne Marie Burns, published by Chic Knits.
I love the size.  I have noticed some shawls on Ravelry
lately are 700-1200 yards....yikes!
might as well knit a sweater :)

In other news:

Here are a couple of pics of Martha's garden...




My garden needs a little color

(see the lily of the valley, way up top right of pic?
Ruth gave me those years and years ago)

The pots are colorful though

 We had (yet another) party yesterday for my brother and
my birthdays.  Usual family members, with addition
of Tiffany's friend Jen. She was in their wedding.  Her
husband, brother and perfect baby Phoebe came too.

Joe made this cooking station...he got the tent this week
so the sun was not so hot.


The food was great!  It was a bit windy but
glad it was not so hot.




Mom and dad were good
Little Phoebe
Joe went fishing today with Joel and Joey.
They caught a few...I didn't get a picture.
But his tent collapsed!  Back to the store for sure.
It was not this bad but he and Joey had to take it down.
He needs a little nap after fishing
This picture is noteworthy because of his socks:
Have a great week dear blog readers...

1 comment:

martha said...

Love this blog. All the knit wear is so impressive! Thanks for putting my garden pic in....🌻🥀🌷