Sunday, July 29, 2018

All Over the Place...

 My knitting is ALL OVER THE PLACE this week.
I'm not sure that is a good thing.  I'm a little stuck on the
green sweater, sent a note to the designer, with no answer yet.
I think I have answered my own question though. Sigh.

Worked a little on the socks:
I'm really liking the colors.

I went to visit a little yarn shop on Friday with my friend
Marcia and purchased some Juniper Moon Zooey to
This is very brainless, but I can work on it instead of playing
the bubble burst game on my tablet!  LOL

The yarn is so soft and pretty...
this is the yarn called for in the pattern.
 

Joey and Casey gave me a set of 8 Boca Clips for my
birthday. They brought theirs last week to keep the tablecloth
on the picnic table and I fell in love with them.
I decided I wanted to knit a little bag to keep them in.  I did not
want it to take long, and didn't need anything fancy.
I had some flax in my stash left over from a summer shawl.

I started with size 5 needles, and did the cast on I use
for a toe up sock...12 stitches
Knit one row, and then increased every stitch = 24 on each needle.
Knit one row, then increased every stitch = 48 on each needle
Knit one row, then increased every stitch= 96 on each needle.

then I switched to size 8 needles...knit a couple rows, then switched
to size 9 needles, then to size 11 and finally to size 13. I wish I had
a size 15.  I will run out of yarn, I'm sure.
Will have to find some other stash yarn...

 Right now, I'm not sure why I thought this was a good idea!

Martha is working on some cool socks for her son Tom,
who loves to wear the socks she makes.
This is a pattern she has had in her files for a long
time from Criminy Jockets blog, which has since shut
down.  Very manly!

 Ruth was traveling this weekend so no knitting
to share.

 In other news:

My friend Marcia crochets more than she knits.
She made me this doily out of thread.
I think it's so cute.
 Tiffany and I got pedi's yesterday to celebrate
my birthday. She got a white toe with a cute
decoration on it.  FUN!


We went to dinner with the kids. This is the sunset at Joey's house
after we got back. Stunning!

his is my haul from the Farmer's Market today - cost $15 which
I think is pretty good! Especially since there are peaches
and blueberries which are expensive.
I made blueberry lemon muffins when I got home.  Delish!

Tiffany and her niece Aubrey came swimming today...it was
such a nice day.
Joe and Nicky went fishing.
Got a lot of fish.



Martha sent me some cool pictures that I could not get to
work right. She has been busy painting her bathroom.
Sorry Martha...

Have a great week dear blog readers. Hoping next week to share
pics of the FINISHED green sweater!


No comments: