Sunday, August 12, 2018

I hate knitting that's not knitting....

Happy Sunday dear blog readers.
I am happy to say I have completed the bulk of the
knitting on the Shakerag top.
I blocked it before I pick up stitches around the neck.

I need to add about 1.5 " so my bra strap does not show.  I will just
knit and let it be a rolled neckline. 

Then will pick up stitches for the arms.
 I hate all of the picking up, sewing up, finishing...I just want to KNIT.

I let it rest on the towel overnight....and got up to this:
Someone was very busy overnight....
I asked Mickey if he saw anything...and this was his
response...
would not even look at me...guilty!!!!!

For the socks, I am going to do an afterthought heel.
I think the colorful yarn will look fun.
Just added the purple yarn in for the heel. A long ways
to go on these yet.  but they won't knit themselves...

Not much progress on the green poncho thingy

I wound the yarn I dyed last week:
Notice little specs of green in the dark purple....
I thought I would hate it but I love it.  It adds just
little pops of color.
I'm just making a very basic scarflette....
For me this project is about the  colors and the fun,
not the interesting pattern.  I need to get something else
done first though. Does not matter what, just something!

Oh and I found the picture of what the dark purply yarn looked
like before I overdyed it...here you go:

Yuck x 1000000000  I thought the green would be dark green...NOPE.

Ruth finished up her cool hat...Turned out great, don't you think!


Martha has about 4" done on her 2nd sock.....she has been busy
preparing school work for next year.

In other news...
there is not much to tell.
Joe hung this up for me today:

and the only think missing in this picture is....ME
Have a great week dear blog readers....

1 comment:

karen said...

lovely knitting and that yarn you dyed is gorgeous and makes me want fall all the faster!! We haven't been in our pool because it's been raining nearly every day for five days....totally overkill.