Sunday, August 19, 2018

Summer Fun

 Summer is winding down for sure....Today
has not been so hot and I like it.  Still able to swim in
the pool, which I love.

I finished up the Shakerag sweater this week.
Here is a picture showing the transparency...sort of.
You knit 6 rows single, then 6 rows double yarn.


 My yarn is Queensland United.
I used a size 8 needle, 4 stitches to the inch.
The gauge for the sweater was 5 stitches to the inch,
so I had to make up my own numbers.

I like the way it fits.







I added more rows around the neck and decreased
at the shoulders to bring it in a little.

Added three short rows to the sleeves.

It is very plain, but I like it.  It is supposed to be plain.
So I blocked it again after adding the neck and sleeves.
Got up to this on Saturday morning:
Ummmmmm
I was thankful he didn't pull it at all...

Knit on the socks this week. They are taking forever.
I seem to knit and knit and not making much headway.
The purple yarn is where athe afterthought heel will go.
I think I will do that soon.

Knit a few rows on the green poncho thingy. Its's getting long.
I see the end in sight...the yarn is such a pretty jade green,
I wish it would photograph.

 Ruth started the True Colors Shawl by Melanie  Berg.
Martha is working along on her 2nd sock
It’s about 5”long. It’s the pattern from criminy jickets blog site.
Published in 2007 now closed down.
This sock is called Ridges and Ribs socks


In other news:
We had a fun Saturday.
Surprise 30th for Joey.

 Joe took Joey and our nephew Don fishing so
Casey could get the surprise ready. Tiffany and I helped,
along with Donald's fiance Krista.

 The lake was sooo rough, but they still
managed to catch a lot of fish.

The lake was warm, so the kids went swimming.
I love Tiffany's face here...she has
always loved playing in the waves.


Nice night to sit out by a fire
I love this picture of Joey

1 comment:

karen said...

love your summer top! looks like a fantastic fit and a great color. I'm worried that my summer top will be snug....I'm ignoring my worries so far!!