Sunday, August 5, 2018

Smorgasboard Knitting

I was on vacation this week, so my knitting continued to be
all over the place again. A smorgasboard of knitting!

I finished the little bag I was making to hold the beach
towel clips.  Started with size 5 needle, went to size 8
(that was not fun, squeezing the size 5 stitches onto an
8 needle).  Then size 9 to 11 and finished with a 13.

 The white yarn is leftover from a shawl I made years ago.
I decreased every 10 stitches in the white area every few
rows so it is shaped like a shower cap. wider on the bottom.

I was glad I could use up stash for this project.
The holes are not too big either.
I made a 4 stitch i-cord for the handle.
Wanted something a little sturdy since the bag is kind heavy.
I love the final result....win!

Since I was home, I also wanted to dye some yarn.
I had two skeins of this 200 yard Cloudborn in my stash waiting for some color.


I dyed one speckle red and purple. I guess I did not take pics.
anyway one was green and red, was supposed to be dark green,
but it turned out lime green.  LIME!

I decided to overdye it in purple. 
 There is still a lot of green, so I decided to do it again.
the process is so easy!
 Soaked it in warm water for 30 min:
Then added two packs of grape koolaid to 1.5
cups of warm water and poured into yarn.

Even after being dyed 2x before, the water
still turned clear, see bottom left corner of pic..
  rinsed and put back in baking dish.
Notice there is still a lot of green.

 

I still wanted some shades of red.
So added more cherry koolaid to the already red spots.

Moved the powder around with a fork to get it to the bottom.
then baked in the microwave for 2 min, let rest 2 min,
then bake for 2 more. Let sit till cool, then rinse.
Still some green, but not as much.

 I wanted to make a two color shawl but not sure about
these colors.  I have to wind yet, then will swatch.

Still working on the boring project that I do on
the pool deck.

And did some more work on the socks this week

Oh and the green sweater. Ready to 3-needle bind off the
sleeves.  The white yarn is a lifeline....since I had to make the
numbers up, I want to be sure before I pull the lifeline out.


Ruth made an adorable hat!
Pattern is Trickster by Elizabeth Doherty. 
The yarn is Ullgarn Extra 2  that Emma brought back  Sweden. Lovely.

Martha has her first sock done.
Pattern from criminy jickets blog.
Plymouth yarn
Very nice!

In other news:

Friday Joe and I had date night.  We cooked lobster
outside. Delish!


I had to make spanish rice for a picnic yesterday.
Made the sauce on Friday in the crockpot and assembled yesterday.
Cleaned out my closet and  threw the clothes I'm donating
on the floor till I could get them in a bag.
Apparently, they are soft and snuggly.
Oh, sorry I bothered you.

It's back to work tomorrow, so I'm heading back to the pool
to enjoy this nice day. It is very very hot here.
till next week dear blog readers...

1 comment:

karen said...

wow! you have a lot of knitting going on, I love the market bag that you made in the bright colors. I need to get some closets tidied up but I just don't feel like tackling them yet. Knitting by the pool sounds relaxing and restful. I would knit by the pool if it wasn't so hot out there!!