Thursday, August 30, 2018

Smooshing

Hi, there....
I'm smooshing a post in mid-week.  I was exhausted
last Sunday... and this Sunday no blog update since we
will be away.

I finished up mom's 1st sock.  These socks take forever,
knit knit knit and it seems like no progress is made.
Joe loves them..he said "those are beautiful, who are they for".
LOL.
The peach marker indicates where I started the afterthought
heel, and the green on indicates where I started increasing.
Reminder I cast on 72, then increase to 80 to fit
mom's feet.

Started with 1.5 needle on ribbing and it looked too lose,
so switched to a 1.25 needle.  Then I used a 0 for the
afterthought heel, because that was what I had.
I like the way it turned out.  I'm not a huge fan of
knitting the afterthought heel, but I like how it looks.

Finished up the Elizabeth's Simple Summer Shoulder Poncho.
I may reblock now that it's sewn together.
The color is such a pretty jade, it's hard to photograph

I'm horrible at selfies, but here it is
Next up is to finish that darn 2nd sock...
Maybe I'll concentrate on that while we are
gone this weekend.  I get a lot of  knitting time in.
I'm also taking the shawl I'm making with koolaid yarn.

Ruth made a hat this week:
Pine Star...yarn is Wool  Folk

Here is the progress of her True Colors shawl as of
last Sunday...she is taking a little break from that
project. 

Martha has been super busy getting ready for school, but
has managed to get 3/4 of Tom's 2nd sock done:

In other news: 

Ruth has a new grandson born
last Friday! Named Raymond after Ruth's husband.
 Raymond Edward...
she send me pics every so often..makes me so happy !
Soooo cute 


Joe, who never throws anything out, decided my flowers
needed to be repotted.  So he put them in a kitty litter
container (he uses them for everything after he thoroughly
washes them.)  the green pots are what they were in...
totally root bound.

Well, I was embarrassed...especially since we were having
a party on Sunday.  All of a sudden it hit me...
I could spray paint it.
So I covered the flowers with a plastic bag
and after about a minute of effort, here it is
No one suspected what it really was

We had a family party for Joey's 30th bday on Sunday. OMG
was I tired. I'm not sure but this party was so much harder than
most. Tiffany helped a lot, and of course Joe, and even Mom came
early to help.
Joe's family came  because it was a special birthday.
They love coming here.


Benny (dog) Jenna (niece) and Casey
I made cupcakes, and Tiffany and Jenna made them into
a 30 for me.  It was so windy, we could not keep any candles
lit..Darn, that would have made a great picture
Look who's preening
You guessed it...Tiffany is here
(see socks drying on the chair  :)
In this picture, I think Maggie (dog) and
Princess (cat) are outside next door...
Mickey is definitely jealous...but too bad...
he is an indoor cat. period.

1 comment:

karen said...

your selfies look good to me! I have trouble doing them too. I need longer arms I think. Lovely finishes and what a fun party and I love the cupcakes assembled in a number, I would have never thought of that!