Sunday, July 14, 2019

Epic!

 I finished the baby sweater..finally got
the buttons on it.

 I will deliver to almost Bryce's grandma this week.
She is my friend and I'm happy to make this for her
almost grandson.
 I hope the hat and sweater fit at the same time.

 But who knows!
 I'm glad I did ribbing on the sleeves.
 Moving along on the 2nd sock. I'll be glad when these
are done. I think I will concentrate on this project
this week.


 I know what you're thinking...that does not sound epic
at all.  Well...here is the epic part.
Martha came to town, and Ruth had a dying party at
her house yesterday!  (Well three of us make a party).
IT WAS SO FUN.
She had her kitchen all set up so it was easy.

Here is yarn soaking in her kitchen sink.


 Martha is working on a ball of my yarn
that was all tangled...thank you!


Ruth..the hostess with the mostest!

Here is the first batch drying on her back deck.
The pink in the very right corner was dyed with
beet juice and vinegar.
The pink on the left used some of the beet juice.
The two solid pieces in the back are sock blanks
that Ruth dyed.  

More pics

 One of Martha's creations :

Ruth made the blue/green beauty in the front.
I think she dyed the blue/green, then soaked in a blue
bath.
The salmony red next to it is Martha's. She used
red food coloring.
We decided the food coloring is much better than koolaid.


Her are are the girls, when we were mostly done.
 Martha brought me lamb socks!!
Thank you!


Joe and Joey went fishing in Lake Ontario yesterday.
Caught a bunch of perch.

Such a pretty end to the day:

 Today, I took my blue and green that was died
with food coloring, and resoaked in vinegar, then
washed in a little dish soap trying to get more of the bleeding
out.  It was still bleeding color even after I rinsed several times.

I hung it on the line to dry and it is still nice and vibrant

Here is the beet juice dyed yarn
More of Ruth's yarn:


Ruth finished up her cute socks this week:


Joe and Joey went to Lake Erie fishing today and caught
a bunch of Walleye.  Going two days in a row is eipc for them.

 
We had a nice walleye dinner cooked in foil on the grill.
See my tiny tomatoes:

First year with a hollyhock
These are so pretty
Have a  nice summery week dear blog readers.

No comments: