Sunday, January 19, 2020

Miscellaneous

Did you make any Knitting Goals this year dear
blog readers?  I was going to try and get another sweater done and
I want to teach myself a new technique.  All of a sudden I have a lot
of baby things to make. Joe's nephew that got married in September
is expecting a baby boy in July.  I have yarn for a hoodie sweater
for him.  Joe's niece asked me to make sweaters for her two girls...
size 6 and 8.  I think I'll make Wallaby's for them. So that is three
and I think there might be another baby before the end of the year.
Some people may not get socks this year! 

So I need to finish up my things.  I am not rushing my
Mariechen sweater. I want it to come out nice.

Have bound off the bottom, and working on the first
sleeve.

Thank goodness sleeves go fast.
This picture is a little wonky.


Two repeats done on the Carmanah second sock.
Luckily I'm not messing this one up.

And the totally brainless sock has had some love this week.
Added in another color.


It's so soft.

 Really did not get a lot of knitting time this week.
Our washer died so a lot of time was spent reseaching
a new one. Thankfully, that issue is resolved.

Ruth has the bottom colorwork done on her sweater.

Shenandoah fiber yarn, Colors for a Cloudy Day.
Yellowcosmo designs, Connie Peng.

 I think it is absolutely STUNNING.


Martha is working on her emerging cable socks.

They look so soft!

As I was working on my sock this week, I was thinking....

why do we do stockinette on bottom of sock. Wouldn't the
sock be more comfy if we had the knit stitches on the inside
where the foot is?  I might try that next pair I make. What do
you think?

Benny came to visit today.
He's a good boy.


No comments: