Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy New Year

Hi Dear Blog Readers....
This has been a weird week....I've been busy, but not knitting.

Monday: Made sauce for New Year's day.
Probably the only day I actually relaxed a little all vacation.
Joe was fishing...no fish to report.

Tuesday:  Made pizza for New Years Eve Party

Wednesday:  New Years Day Party...Made sauce and had
the family over - great start to the New Year.

Thursday:  Went to work...ugh...felt like a Monday

Friday: Went to work...ugh

So here is the knitting progress:

I knit two more repeats on the Mariechen sweater and put
it on a string and blocked it. This picture is pre-blocking.
The markers on the side are where I increased on each
side to fit my womanly hips.  :)

I am blocking  to see how much it "grows" so I can either
add another pattern repeat, or start the ribbing. Worst case
scenario is I have to tink back on repeat. Let's hope that does
not need to happen.

The Carmanah sock is almost done.
I am decreasing for the toe.

I wasn't sure if the
KTBL, K2, KTBL, P2 was worth it.
The KTBL's I mean. But, I think they really make the
pattern pop so I guess worth it. They are a little slower
than a regular knit stitch.

The totally brainless project has not seen much action.
I have decided to carry the copper color throughout.

Ruth is working away on her sweater.
It's hard to see progress in this picture, but she
is much further than she was last week.


Martha is working on her socks.
Here are hers:
One more pattern repeat and she will start the heel.

She is going to make this skirt for her daughter:

I think that will be quite the project.....
She is going to use this shiny black yarn:

She said Emma loved the doggie mittens, and her son loved
his hat..so a big win there!

In other news:

I got most of the Christmas stuff put away today.
The real tree is down and cleaned up.
I'm too tired to tackle the   fake tree  ... maybe this weekend.
Here are some of the things to put away until next year.
I put it all in a big pile on the counter and pack away.

Joe and his nephew went fishing on Friday. After a while they
found the perch and caught a big mess of them.
Nice...

Mickey is so cute. He sat on top of the Bose stereo
today looking out of the window. I think it must have been
warm.



Have a great week dear blog readers...
This is our season:  Knitting!!!!


No comments: