Sunday, January 26, 2020

I Have New Socks !

 Hi Dear Blog Readers.
I have new socks.  First ones I have made for myself
in a couple of years. 
Pattern is Carmanah



These are toe up, but I knit top down and reversed
the chart.


Knit the foot in a plain
KTBL, K2, KTBL, P2
Not sure if all of the work of TBL was worth
it...

The leg is a thick pattern so I didn't want to continue
it down the foot. Plus, I was bored with it.
Martha gave me this yarn a couple of years ago and when
she sees them in person she is going to be sorry she
gave the yarn away.  Thanks ,Martha!!


My concentration this week was getting the
socks done.   Today I started working on the
first sweater sleeve. I have short arms, so it
will go fast.


The totally brainless project is perking along.
I work on it in the mornings when I get up...
no concentration needed.


Ruth finished her sweater!

 Shenandoah fiber yarn, Colors for a Cloudy Day.
Yellowcosmo designs, Connie Peng.

I love it!  And the fit is great!

She started a pair of mittens called Lucy after
her kitty.
Mitten pattern is out of the Big Book of Knitted Mittens
Jorid Linvik. Pattern is called Cat Mittens.
So cute!

 Martha is interrupting her sock knitting for the
moment. Here is her current progress:



She is working on a skirt for her daughter.

This is what she has so far. It's going to be so nice!


In other news:

Joe has made a lot of beautiful ice fishing jigs this year.
this is his winter hobby when he can't go fishing.
Each one takes a long time.....

In person they are soooo nice and shiny.
That is what attracts the fish.


I like it when he will pose for the blog!  :)


I did some comfort food cooking again this weekend.
Yesterday I made beef stew with dumplings. Delish!
Today I went to make bread and noticed this on the
bag of flour:
Who  knew they put wheat flour in a bag that
resembles white!  Hmmm. That was all I had so
I used it.  Not bad...but definitely "wheaty".


Also made stuffed peppers for tonight. Enough for a couple
of meals.

I am itching to start a baby sweater for Joe's nephew
so I better get my sweater done....I'm off to work on the
sleeve. Have a great week dear blog readers! 

No comments: