Sunday, March 22, 2020

Luckier than Most

Hi Dear Blog Readers,
A lot has happened in this world since the last post two
weeks ago.  CoronaVirus ugh.  Joe and I were hoping to
retire in the next few years, not sure now with the stocks
crashing.  But...the good news is we are luckier than most.
So far no virus, and WE KNIT. I think Knitters are the lucky
ones. Knitters are NEVER  bored!  Let's get to it!

I finished the stripey scarf in Cumulus Yarn.

It is sooo soft. I love it.

I used an I-cord edge that I would highly recommend.
No curling.
So light and airy


 I think it will be light to wear on warmer days.


 Last Friday I started a sock for mom's Christmas present.
I knew I wanted it brainless, but cute. It is mom after all.
I found this Fiber Optics yarn in my stash from 2017

I don't think I've made pinky for her before.
So I went to this book to look for something cute
that would have impact
Found this

Used just the three center rows for the toe

Now I'm playing yarn chicken with the gray..sigh

Since these are for mom I go from 72 to 80 stitches to
accommodate her hammer toes.
I love this lifted increase...hard to see...
but that is the point.

I learned it when I learned to knit in 4-h years ago.

I have committed to doing two repeats a day to the
baby snuggly sack.

This is the concept when it's much bigger of course
Remember when I said there was a baby coming
in September?  Well guess what!  It's  Tiffany's baby!
I'm going to be a gradma! She picked out this pattern.

They will find out what it is end of April early May...then the
real knitting will begin.

Ruth finished up her shawl.
3/4 hap shawl by Veera Valimaki.  Blue yarn is Elemental Effects
 Shetland. Color periwinkle. 
Wine color is Apple Laine in Shiraz color.

I think it is so nice!!!! I love the colors.

She started some fancy socks from 52 weeks of socks book.


The sock pattern is Lucerna by Fabienne Gassmann. 
Sock yarn is Propanicus Moon Solo. 
Color is snow pine. The mohair is leftover
 Lichen and Lace. Color is beach glass.
 The cuff is a little big but it’s moss stitch so it doesn’t have much stretch. 
She's hoping it will be ok .
Can't wait to see this done.

Martha is working on her sweater -
Ivy Line.

She is using her favorite chickaboo  needles.


She has used this yarn before. Loves it. So soft.


 Here is her sweater. Fronts and backs are joined.
the construction is totally different than anything
she's done before.
Coming out so nice!


In other news;

Ruth and Martha both got walks in this weekend, though
it was freezing out.
Martha is at Royalton Falls...near her home in Mass.




Joe and Joey went fishing yesterday in the  freezing
weather.  I love the clearness of this picture.

And finally this is in my yard and gives me hope.

Have a safe wonderful week dear blog knitters.

No comments: