Sunday, March 29, 2020

Spring

The weather has felt like Spring! here for the last few days.
Rainy for a bit, but definitely able to get out and walk. I've
taken a lot of walks this weekwhile distancing myself from others.

Last week I showed you the first sock done.  I have finished another
whole sock this week.  ( I did have ribbing mostly done last week).
That is fast for me.  :)

They still need blocking, better pictures after that next week.

While I was starting the gray toe, look what I noticed!
A dropped stitch on the foot bottom. Thankfully I noticed
it before the whole thing came apart.

I did two repeats of the snuggly sack every day, except
Friday and  Saturday, when I realized that if I knit really
fast, I could finish up the sock.


I'm going to start a summery shawl today.  Just because.
I watched the Mason  Dixon girls on KnitStars  this week, and
they both have a lot of knitting going on at the same time.
So I'm ok with it!  ha!

Speaking of snuggly, Ruth finished up her soft
snuggly socks.
Lucerna by Fabienne Gassmann. 
So cute, huh!
From 52 weeks of socks book.
 
Sock yarn is Propanicus Moon Solo. 
Color is snow pine. The mohair is leftover
 Lichen and Lace. Color is beach glass.



Martha's update in her own words:

I have about 4 more rows on the bind off so I’m hoping to get the body done tonight. My arms are fussing so I am going to put ice on them, when I’m done tonight.  I’ve but the bottom on your “try-on-tubing”, which I like a lot. The color of this is picture is too white, the actual color is more yellow.






This color is more accurate. This yarn is by Morning Moon Alpacas farm, it’s not named but has 60% alpaca, 20% BFL, and 20% Merino, hand dyed, fingering weight yarn. It’s a smaaaaall gauge so this is a lot of knitting. 

pattern:



Martha sent this along for comic relief to give us a smile
during this Covid 19 catastophre

She knit her stitch marker into her knitting. I've done that
before!  LOL



In other news:

We were having italian sausage w/peppers and onions yesterday.
I've been avoiding stores as much as possible, so I decided to
make rolls.  Not too hard and turned out great!  I used this
burger bun recipe.


Joe decided it was too nice out to eat dinner inside:
He and Joey went fishing yesterday:

and more crocus' are up!

Have a good week dear blog readers. Stay vigilant.
I feel that people are bored with being distanced and are
starting to go out among the public again.

1 comment:

karen said...

how did that sneaky stitch get loose? I've done that many times, sometimes I rip out and sometimes I drop down to pick it up and work it up. How lovely to eat outside! It's still to cold here to do that but I am looking forward to the day when I can. Hopefully soon!