Sunday, May 3, 2020

Craving

Hi Dear Blog Readers.
Such a beautiful day in Western New York.  So nice after
all of the rain on Thursday,  Friday and Saturday evening. 

I finished up the 2nd sock out of Western Sky Knits Yarn
Color: Dark Night
Needle 1.5
Such nice yarn.  Did not bleed when I blocked it.
 

Did the two repeats on Vedder shawl, then added two more.
Started the 2nd color....just barely.


After I finished up the socks, something came over me.
Like a craving.
I spend a lot of time during the day on "downtime" from working at home
looking at Ravelry.  I all of a sudden wanted to make Mason
(will be born in September) a sweater.

I love the Norwegian Fir pattern.
It is made with DK yarn...and I found some in stash that is sport weight.
Left over from a sweater I made a couple of years ago.
Queensland united  made with cotton and lambs wool.
Really nice.

Its a fast knit everyone said...they used the DK.  Since I was using sport
I went up a size. I hope it fits him for more than a minute.
This is the back. I have 3-4 more " to knit.

 I forgot how incredibly slow garter stitch is.
But I am loving the results.
Size 3 needle. 
the pattern is complex until you take the arm stitches off.
Have to move every stitch marker  on the wrong size row.

I knit a lot outside this weekend. Loving the weather.

Front. I did three button holes instead of one.

Ruth is moving along on the front of her sweater.
Alana sweater. West Yorkshire Knitters Croft yarn. Mossbank color.
If you enlarge, you can see how complex the cables are.
Sooo nice.


Martha has the back done on her sweater.

And a good start on the front.

She is worried she may run out of yarn....wishing her luck.
Here is the pattern. I love the color. So vibrant
Jill Draper yarn.



In other news:

Martha's dog Penny is enjoying the sunshine.

Mickey was watching me walk...he missed me!

Joe/Joey went fishing last night - Walleye.
Joey caught this but Joe is in the picture.

Flowering cherry tree is blooming. I wish the pink flowers lasted longer.

The daffodils are pretty, but cannot stand up to the wind here today.

Have a good week dear blog readers.  I hope you can knit your stress away!

No comments: