Sunday, June 21, 2020

Beyond

Hi Dear Blog Readers,
It is beyond HOT as I type this note.

I finished the Vedder Shawl this week.
Size 3 needle.
Yarn is Rowan Fine Silk

Haven't had time to weave in ends or block.....
this week hopefully.
I am beyond happy it is done.

Worked a lot on the Kristen Kapur Mystery Shawl.
I still have one chart to finish before the next clue comes
out tomorrow. 
Didn't really knit much this week.  

Ruth is almost ready to start decreases for her sweater.
I saw it in person on Friday and the colors are much more
vibrant. Beyond beautiful.


Martha is knitting the Aranami shawl.  
In her words because they are so beyond fun I don't want to paraphrase:

Here’s the second color complete with boobie cups. Like a bra shawl!!!  Lol. I have to join the colors with 36 stitches or 18 per half. I added a few if they weren’t even I think creating the bra appearance. I think I’ll rip the teal and start again with better distribution of the cast on stitches. I’m figuring out this shawl which is called Aranami shawl. Aramark means edging water in Japanese. By Olga Buraya-Kefelian.  The yarn is Fiber Optic Kashmir 80% percent merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon. Anne Hanson doesn’t like nylon in shawls because there’s too little stretch. I’m thinking I can’t get the bra cups out of this so I might agree with her!!!

She has decided to rip the 2nd teal blue color since her
update.



In other news:
Not much to report. Pool is open. Yea. I'm heading there soon.
Did I mention how hot it is here?  :)
Have a good week dear blog readers!

2 comments:

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Love the colours of the Vedder shawl. It looks very summery, tropical island vibe!

karen said...

I'm beyond happy with it too! What lovely colors that are cool and refreshing to see and the yarn content sounds decadent.