Sunday, June 7, 2020

Another Good Week

Hi Dear Blog Readers,
Sometimes the hardest part of the blog is coming up with a good
title.  This week's is quite dull.

This week two things happened at once.  The
Kristin Kapur (Through the Loops) Mystery Shawl
started.  I like her shawls, but they are very large. Lots of
knitting.  I decided to start it, and maybe I would not keep
up with the weekly tasks.  While searching for yarn, I decided
to clean out the yarn bin.  (Bin 1 of ????)  I was looking
for some green yarn.  Never found it. But I did find yarn that
I must have purchased for a Mystery shawl a couple of years
ago.  Knerd String.  Very pretty.  The shawl will use equal
amounts of each color. I'm hoping it is not much more than
1 hour a day required. The clues seem to get longer.
I decided to clean the yarn bin, which actually took a few days.
I sorted quite a bit. It was like shopping!  \
Here is my finished clue 1.



I would like to get the Vedder shawl done.
I finished up the 2nd section Made a little larger than the
pattern called for.

I knew I wanted the 3rd lacey section to be in green but I
wanted it cohesive also.  I decided to tweak the pattern and
added a section 1 of the yellowy/greeny color.  Just a little so
the color looks like it belongs.

There are now over 300 stitches, so each row takes a very long time.

Just started the last section. You can just see the green at the top.

I had to wait for my dad at the Dr this week.  In the car.  On the day
it was 88 out.  I'm so glad I took my knitting.  The first Wallaby
sleeve is almost done.

Ruth worked all week on her 2nd sweater sleeve, and discovered
an error.  She thinks its in the first sleeve too. All of that work, but she
is going to rip and repair. So no pictures from her.
Here is an adorable picture of her great nephew Tristan wearing
the sweater she made him and sent off last week.

Obviously too big for now, but soooo cute.


Martha got buttons on my little Mason's Gingersnap sweater.
(arriving in September.).
So cute!!  Cotton yarn.


She whipped up another one this week. Same pattern.
For her friend who is having a baby and the gender is unknown.

Buttons are so cute.

She didn't have enough green buttons so she added the fish button.
Lucky kids for sure.

She is starting this Embrace cowl.
This will be a year end present for the Paraprofessional in
her classroom.  Yarn was purchased at Rhinebeck
several years ago.


She has this lovely yarn just waiting to be a shawl.  She is
still searching for a pattern.

In other news:

Yesterday was Joe's birthday.  Tiffany made him a blueberry
pie.
 
He and Joey went fishing for most of the day.

Look at these solar creatures we have on the back steps.
so cute at night. The birds light up.
I tried to get a good picture but the flash came on.

This is Martha's garden.  Looks great.
I need to get after mine.

Have a good week dear blog readers....stay safe and be kind.

No comments: