Sunday, November 15, 2020

2.0

 Ruth, Martha and I were able to get together this week for our Rhinebeck 2.0!

Here is a picture of us in front of Holley Falls, (Holley, NY).

We had fun, and did a lot of nothing which felt wonderful to me.

 

We traveled to the Wool Room at Longmeadow Farm in Freedom, NY.  

I got this nice Farm Flock Trio Blend, dyed in greens. it will become mittens, I think.


Ruth got me this pretty pink/gray sock yarn from Turtlepurl Yarns...so cute.

And Martha got me this Uneek sock yarn...it is self striping.

 
There were many other presents also....
 
I did not get much knitting done this week.....Three more repeats and I will take sleeve stitches off on the sweater.  The rows are very long now, and it looks like a big blob   JUiST No 2.



Ruth is really moving along on her pretty sweater.
 
Sweater Yarn is Dancing Leaf Dyeworks Charleston Merino super wash wool in the Rhinebeck colorway. Pattern is Elspeth from the West Yorkshire Spinners Croft book. 
 
Here is a picture of her first sweater back, blocked, and the first front.
 
                                  
 
Here is the first front blocked, and the start of a sleeve.


She will probably have it done by next week!

Martha is working on her complex sweater:   Counterweights

She always says it best in her own words so here you go:
 
 
Here is completed back:
 



 Here’s my front on the back . Ok, now you see the mistakes. Yes, the front is not blocked.  Some sins might be corrected. Like the bottom seed stitch which is supposed to be a split tail finish. The top is short a row. Yes I’ll try to make it a design feature.  🙄

   
So check out this f up. The remit is about an inch longer on the top. 😡. I think I’m going to gather them when I sew together the sides and make it a space for the girls.  Sound good? Ugh! 🧐 if Anne asked why I have gathers on the side of my sweater I’ll just say nor everyone looks like a stick! Lol. 

We are in serious gift knitting season. I have to get cracking. Usually I'm much further along by now.  

Have a good week dear blog readers. 

Stay safe and be kind.

 
 
 
 

No comments: