Sunday, November 22, 2020

A Little Dull



 Hi dear blog readers...

This week was a little dull for me after the excitement of having the girls here last week. I hardly knit at all...just  few rows on the sweater blob. One more repeat and I can take sleeves off and wizz away on the body.  

Ruth has come a long way on her sweater.

Here it is with the seams and neck ribbing sewn

 

 

This picture is with the short row sleeve cap!  She and Martha are both using this technique for their sleeves. Perfection!


Martha's goal for today was her short row sleeves.  Her own words:

I reviewed my favorite tube videos, (2) and had to start it twice but then it went pretty well. My stitch count at the armpit of the sleeve was 3 more than the pattern called for so I was very happy about that.  I figured my decreases row count etc and I opened the sleeve after an inch of going around.  I don’t like all the adjusting of the sweater going around and around.  I just did my first row of decreases.  Here’s a close up of the shoulder. I just love it when I can do these knit in shoulders they are so beautiful. This doesn’t really show how the shoulder seam looks because it’s not blocked but it’s nice.  I used the German short-row technique.

Here is a close up of the sleeve


 

Martha is also working on her stripey sock.  She is going to do an afterthought heel so the striping stays the way its supposed to.  LOVE the colors!

See why I feel so dull? These girls are rockin their sweaters!


In other news:

My little Mason finally fits into his jeans. So cute. I am really hoping I fit into my favorite jeans soon!  LOL

 

Yesterday was my dad's 87th birthday. 87!  How sad is it that I didn't get a picture of him, but got pictures of mom holding Mason.

 

 

Joey got the big one today.  Got a huge deer. Joe said it's the biggest one we've ever hung here. Think of it as winning the Olympics or Superbowl ring.  Three different angles...so you can see how awesome it is.


 
Have a nice Thanksgiving holiday dear blog readers, however you celebrate.  Things are different this year for sure, but we all have things to be thankful for. Concentrate on those things. Have a good week. Be safe and be kind..

1 comment:

karen said...

hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving - it'll be just the two of us!