Sunday, March 14, 2021

Still Springy

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!  Our weather has been all over the place this week. Two days near or at 70 and now today it's freezing out. Sooo windy here again.  But the sun is bright and so pretty.

I blocked the new socks I finished up and wrote about in last week's post.  Not twins, but still in the same family.

They are soft on my feet which I like. Very tall, but don't come to my knees...Almost!

My pair for the year.  Now on to something else.

Have a good start on the Sunnyside sweater.  I am following the smallest size, but using Worsted yarn rather than fingering.  It's still going to be big. I was hoping for 6 month size or so.  Here is the back.

This is the front. For Cotton yarn, I am really liking the Universal Cotton Supreme, though it is very splitty.  It is not hard on my hands like some cotton. 

Started Christmas socks for my son in law who has the size 13 feet.  The body will be gray with navy accents.

The Huntington yarn is very very splitty.  



Ruth is on to the body of her Fehling sweater from Brooklin Tweed in the Bartlett Rag yarn.  It looks so good!


Martha  is really moving along on her new sweater.  Oban

In her words:

The back is blocked. It looks much better blocked. The pattern is pretty Waffley so the stretching does it well. I’m still nervous it’ll be too small!!  It measures right but sizing is ALWAYS something to worry about.


 Here's the front. I usually make the fronts together to make sure they are the same.  With two balls of yarn going on both sides so 4 balls total that seemed too unwieldily. So I said to myself one at a time and will keep track of the rows meticulously.  So far it is slow going. I lost track of the cable so I had to rip a few rows etc



In other news:

I bought flowers for St Patrick's day.  Makes the table looks so nice. We had our corned beef and cabbage dinner tonight.  

This time change is messing me up.  I feel like I lost three hours today.  I'm going to go knit on the sweater, the shower is in two weeks.

Have a great week dear blog readers. I hope you get a lot of knitting time.

Stay safe and be kind.



No comments: