Sunday, August 1, 2021

August ? Already?

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!  how can it be August already?  It is quite chilly here in Western New York.  Our pool is way too cold to swim in.  

Since I did not blog last week, you would think I have a lot of knitting to show. NOT!  I've been busy with life this week. I was on vacation -- at home -- but still did not knit much.

I did finish the pair of Socks of Kindness.

Size 1.5 needle - here is pic of yarn label.


These are for mom for Christmas.  I like them alot!

I made one baby bootie for Tiffany's friend Lauren who is due in September. The other bootie is barely started. 

Decreasing for toe on the Intersections Sock. Should start the 2nd sock today or tomorrow.


Here is another picture of Martha's finished Oban sweater. (picture quality is not the best)

She has a good start on her new sweater...The Big Y

In her words:

This is the RHINEBECK yarn by Dancing Leaf.  Ruth bought the same yarn and had a big discrepancy in the colors. She knit her sweater body out of the darker and sleeves out of the lighter color.  I started with my darker yarn and when it seemed to be lightening I started in with another ball.  Now I’m doing alternating rows.  I realized after knitting about 5” I was in the wrong size needle, one size too small. What’d I do? Switched needles and kept knitting! I’m just in love with this yarn especially the top.  I’m looking forward to touching and looking at all the yarn I buy this year.

Here is a picture of pattern and yarn info:



Ruth is almost done with her new sweater!

Marlaix by Regina Mossmer. Yarn is Peace Fleece. Blue Jay color way.

I saw her sweater in person this week and the color is so beautiful!


 

In other news:

Family came to celebrate my birthday last week. 

My work sent flowers!

Tiffany and Mark took Mason to the county fair.  He loved it!


Ruth has a family of turkeys in her backyard:


The rest of these pictures are from the combined birthday party for my brother and me. Feel free to skip them. I post here because the blog is kind of a family photo album, especially for out of town family members. 

Have a good week dear blog readers. Stay safe and be kind!

 


 












No comments: