Sunday, August 29, 2021

And Just Like That.....

 And just like that, summer is about over.  This is a sad week for me, but one of relief also.  I LOVE summer, but look forward to the cooler temps and better sleeping weather.  I never used to like Fall, but I like it more and more each year.

I worked on the  Alaska mittens quite a bit this week.  The first one is done, except for the thumb

The second one is ready to start decreases.

I did the whole thing on one needle, magic loop.  I actually liked doing it this way. I think the trick is to get a long enough  needle.

Started a pair of shory socks using Regia yarn.  Shorty socks for Casey for Christmas.  Done decreasing.


Also working on this totally totally brainless log cabin blankey.  I just found the  maroon color so adding it in.  It is fun to see it growing.  I am hoping the little people that come here will like it.  Using Knit Picks cotton yarn. Size 6 needle.



Ruth finished up her socks!

Vanilla pattern.  So nice!

She started, and is almost done with the Waggle Dance shawl.

Yarn is The Fiber  Company, Indigo Colorway.  So pretty!!!!!


Martha finished up the Kobuk hat for her son's girlfriend.  It will be a Christmas present.  She is hoping they are still together then!  This is a great hat pattern.  If you've never knit it...do it now!


This is some camel yarn her daughter gave her.  She is going to swatch and see how it behaves.

She is  making great progress on her  Big Y sweater by Von Hinterm Stein.  The yarn is Rhinebeck by Dancing Leaf dyers.  I love it.


In other news....

Mason came for a swim today.  He just loves to play with Joe!

 

And he loves peaches!

 

Have a good week dear  blog readers. Stay safe and be kind. We will be away next week for the holiday so NO Blog post.  

No comments: