Sunday, July 18, 2021

Star

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

Torrential rains here this week.  I was able to make some progress on the socks.

The first sock is ready for the toe decreases.  I'm afraid I will run out of yarn. I should have used less stitches.  They are very stretchy because of the YO's.  I put the stitches on a smaller needle and started the 2nd sock.  I really really hope I have enough yarn to at least get to the point where I am at on the 1st one.

Pattern is Socks of Kindness. I love the yarn/pattern combo.  



The second pair that I am working on has not had much progress. I knit a couple of rows a day just to keep in the rhythm of the pattern.  I like it.  Pattern is "Intersections".


After the green socks are done I'm going to whip up a pair of baby booties.  Tiffany's friend is having a baby end of September and shower is mid-August.  Don't know if its a boy or girl.  Tiffany loved the booties I made Mason -- Easy-Peasy No Sew, Stay On Baby Booties.  She used them daily.  

Ruth is really moving along on her current sweater! 

Yarn is Peace Fleece DK. Color is Blue Jay. Pattern is Morlaix cardi by Regina Moessmer. So nice, don't you think?!!  She has made a lot of progress this week.


The STAR of today's blog is Martha's sweater - Oban by Norah Gaughan published by Brooklyn Tweed.  The yarn is Logwood Sport by Lana Plantea Yarns. Rombiuollet and Alpaca.  The knitting is done, now it's just adding the cute snaps.

Reminder she made a few pattern modifications along the way, plus used alternating skeins of yarn the whole time!

I love the smile on her face, you can tell she is so happy with it.

Beginning of snaps!  Masterpiece for sure!


She has also been working on socks with Uneek sock yarn.  64 stitches.  She did an afterthought heel so the striping would not be messed up.  Love the colors. She got me some yarn like this in different colors. Ruth too. Ruth already made hers.  




In other news:

My son-in-law's lettuce is growing like crazy.  I should have tomatoes in a couple of weeks.   They are getting big but not turning red yet.


Have a good week dear blog readers.

Stay safe and be kind.

No comments: