Sunday, September 12, 2021

Beginnings

September is always a time of beginnings for me.  Start of school, end of lazy summer days, etc.  

Let's talk about endings first!


Finished up the Alaska Mittens.  Free pattern on Ravelry.

Size Medium - Size 7 needle

Plymouth Yarn Select Superwash Worsted & Valley Yarn Southampton held together.

Did the whole thing on One Needle - Magic Loop. Loved it.

I like the way designer did decreases at top

An the thumb increases. Very comfortable to wear.


Stacked on top of each other. Yea, I made them the same size!

I will say I'm glad they are done. They were not brainless, and I had to sometimes look at 3 papers at once to get the pattern, symbol and legend all correct.  I am sad they are not mine. LOL.  Made for  Tiffany's mother in law.

Finished and blocked the Intersections socks for my Sister in Law.  Yarn is Valley Yarn Charlemont.

I'm not that crazy about the pooling, so if I have time I may make her another pair before Christmas and keep these. 

I made a pair of socks since last post.  Shorty socks.  Size 8 with the Regia yarn.

These are for Casey for Christmas.  I love how the yarn does all the work and makes them look fancy.

I started the Peppermelon sweater for me.  I am really unsure of the fit. I'm going to knit a few more rows, soak, and then try it on.  I  may need to go up a needle size.  The math works now, but I am  kind of insecure about the fit of this one.

The yarn is Tess Designer Yarn, purchased at Rhinebeck 2019.  I have use this before.

Mohair/Merino blend.  Really nice. 

For Christmas presents, I still have:

Brother - just started socks for him

Dad - really warm large needle socks

Joe - ?? not sure yet

Joey - ?? not sure yet

Mason - socks and a sweater.  

Tiffany - ?? - Not sure yet.

I probably won't work on the sweater a super lot in order to get these gifts done.  

Ruth is working on the Gus baby sweater. Yarn is Berroco Vintage.  She made Mason a sweater in the same yarn.  So cute. Great stitch definition.


Martha has made great progress on her Big Y sweater by Von Hinterm Stein.  She is using two balls of yarn at the same time. I like how the colors are coming out.

A flock of turkeys across the road.  So cool!


Have a great week dear blog readers.  Stay safe and be kind.


1 comment:

karen said...

And now I'm in a mood to have a pair of mittens. I made a pair last year for my husband and he loved wearing them a lot. Gorgeous projects!!