Sunday, September 26, 2021

Blob

 Hi Dear Knitters,

I feel like my knitting looks like a big blob this week. Not much knitting time.  Very nice outside most days so more walking.  

I put the Peppermelon sweater on a string when the increases were done and tried it on.  More increases needed.  That is one reason I love  Raglan style sweaters. Just keep increasing or don't..depending on your fit.  I am using smaller needles so I expected it was not large enough yet.

Just turned the heel on the sock for my brother. Working on decreases.


Joe's niece is having a baby in February.  I sent her a note to see what colors she liked since she is not going to find out what the  baby is.  She wrote back that she was so excited to see what sweater design I would come up with. I was not going to make her a sweater...yet anyway.  I wanted to find out the gender.  Shower is Nov 2.  I better figure out something quick.  I have so many other things I want to do first, but I adore her and would not disappoint on purpose.  Sigh.

Ruth finished her Gus by Jenny  Wiebe.  Yarn is a combo of  Berocco and Cascade 220. It needs to have ends woven in and then a good soak and block. I’ll have to find some good buttons. She's  thinking about her next project…….It is sooo adorable!  


Martha is working away on her Big Y sweater. 

In her words:  

 I changed the decreases on the one side to skk so they’re symmetrical.  That makes me feel better and it was much easier than cables! 

This is a picture of the side band moving forward. I’m feeling very good re having enough yarn. I’m up to 10.5” on the underarm seam and have more yarn in the little balls. I was nervous when I had 8” left before so I’m doing very well. I’ll keep the overall length of the sweater to the two balls I have left, the A ball each for the sleeves. Possibly it might get done by. Rhinebeck!  🤞🏼🤞🏼Best in knitting gals

 



In other news:


We got a new monitor this week. The old one was...well old.  This one is much larger, and very bright.  YEA!


 
Wednesday was Mason's first birthday. We saw him Wednesday, and Tiffany and Mark had a nice little party for him yesterday.  Here are some pictures.  I hope I never lose the vision in my mind of him        crawling at lightening speed across that floor to catch a ball.  He was just so happy all day.
It was a farm party.
 




Mom dressed for the occasion.

His shirt has his name on it.

He loved it when everyone sang Happy Birthday to him

Joey and Casey with Mason

Rice Krispie treats to resemble hay bales

Tiffany made all of the cupcakes


Mason trying to get on the chair to see mom

My baby holding her baby


It was a great week to be a grammy!

I better get some knitting done so I can get another baby sweater whipped up.  

Have a great week dear blog readers..Knit on!


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Connie I love the color of your sweater. And I love the socks. The built in pattern is so nice.