Sunday, June 12, 2022

There's A Reason for That

 Hi Dear Blog Readers,

I was thinking I haven't been knitting much lately...then it dawned on me. There's a reason for that!

I usually sit down at 7:00 pm to knit, and am in bed by 8:00!  My knitting should ramp up because I love to sit outside and knit in the summer until dark. 

This week I worked on the Feathering the Nest sock.  Cruising down the foot.  The toes will be a nice coppery color that mom loves.

Ruth and I spent some much needed time together yesterday and went to the CNY Fiber festival in Bouckville, NY.  We had a nice catchup.   I bought two skeins of yarn. Didn't realize till I got home that they are almost identical!  There's a reason for that.  I saw the first one, single ply, nubs, and fell in love with it but did not purchase.  Then a while later, saw the same colors in a different booth, DK weight. The colors must have been on my mind...went back and bought the first one I saw.  I guess my loves this year are blue nubs.

Ruth showed me her sweater in person yesterday. It's just so lovely.  Heirloom quality.  SO MUCH work.  She still has a lot of work ahead of her sewing it up.  I can't wait to see it finished.

She bought these beautiful skeins of yarn yesterday.  Not sure what she will make with them...can't wait to find out.


Martha is still having hand/wrist problems.  She got a cortizone shot this week and feels better enough today to work on her Daytripper sweater a little bit.  Her  grandpup Moxie is checking out the sweater with her. :)



 

 

In other news:

Mason came over today for a bit.  He has had a rough week...still not feeling that great.

He loves the Llama I got him at the show yesterday.  His favorite book is Mama Llama. 

Joe fastened an old plastic seat to the 4-wheeler and put a seatbelt on it for Mason.  It's hard to drive with him in the front and hold on to  him.  This is a blooper picture--- it actually worked great.  We showed him how to put his feet on our back to hold him up from slipping.  I love it because now I can drive him around too.


Have a great week dear blog readers.  Be safe and be kind.


No comments: