Sunday, January 8, 2023

Slogging Along

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!   

Slogging thru the week.  Back to work...ugh.  I did a lot of knitting on the Calicanto sweater.  I am at row 26 of 46. Currently tinking back a couple of rows.  The teal is hard to see in the current sequence. I'm going to replace with a lighter color, pink or light blue, and use the teal when it's more prominent.  The rows are very very very long and I have to concentrate!  I do a repeat, then stop and count. Is that how you do colorwork?



Ruth is probably done with her first sleeve on the Interlaken sweater by now. This pic is from this morning. She had to tweak a couple of times this week.  It looks great!  Reminder the pattern calls to knit the sleeves first, then add the body. 


Martha has a lot done on her new sweater: Basket Saddle  Cardigan

In her words since it is very descriptive:

I had knit the shoulders before this weekend.  I put it together and have worked pretty steadily since then.  I have the usual worries about the fit.  Things look so small before blocking. I added shaping for my rack and Ruth encouraged me to keep going after I measured it.  I remember the Daytripper sweater stretched a lot when I blocked that and it is single ply like this is too. I am not making the form fitting version, I’m going to make it more straight down.  This pattern is Basket Saddle Cardigan by Kristen TenDyke and it was published by Cast On in 2018.  I found it in Ravalry after searches for this yarn.  Nothing showed up in the search, but I was painstakingly looking at each pattern of any interest, and when I liked this one and it was made in my yarn it was a score! 




 
In other news:

Lots of covid in the family.  I have not seen anyone and miss the kids. Joe has had it and recovering finally. Still the tiredness.  I have not got it this time..yet!  Knitting needles crossed!



No comments: