Sunday, January 15, 2023

Stage 2 : The FEAR

 Hi Dear Blog Readers!

It is quite pretty here in Western NY today.  The snow is frozen on the trees and there was sun!  Yes Sun!

I am deep in the colorwork of the Calicanto sweater.  It's been fun.  I have about five more rows to go and then the bottom will all be light gray.

I feel like there are a few stages to a top down, colorwork sweater.

Stage 1 - Cast on and exciting new project.  Check

Stage 2 - The FEAR of wondering if it will fit after the sleeves are on strings.  If it doesn't, it could be a lot of work tinking and ripping back.  And oh by the way, I cut the colors when done with them in each section.   I do not, however, weave in ends until I'm sure of the fit.

I did not do all of the colors according to pattern.  Kind of played with it.  Can't wait to get to one color.

Today I showed Joe the colorwork chart,  told him about rechecking each section after I knit it (now 18 stitches each) and said I'm not ignoring you on purpose when you talk to me...I'm counting!  LOL


Ruth is just about done with her 2nd sleeve on the Interlaken Pullover. It's really beautiful. It's hard to see the detail in this picture:


Martha is zooming along on her pretty Basket Saddle Cardigan:

She started the seed stitch on the bottom, which is three rows of each pattern.  She feels the end of the body of the sweater is coming to the end. 

In other news:

I took Mason to the playroom at the library yesterday.  He loves the kitchen the best. He spent a long time feeding me :)

 

He loves the train too.

However, he does not like taking Selfies!

This is the Christmas Cactus that Casey has had forever. I think it was her grandmas.  It is just stunning in person!


Have a great week dear blog readers.



1 comment:

karen said...

what a pretty color combination on that stranded knitting. Makes my heart sing!