Sunday, February 19, 2023

Stage 7: The Finale (almost)

 Hi Dear Blog Readers...

This week went so fast...how can it be Sunday already (and more importantly, how can tomorrow be a work day already!).

I finished up the knitting on the Calicanto Sweater.  It was a very very wonderfully pleasant sweater to knit. 

LettiLopi yarn

Size 7 needles

When I chose this pattern, I was looking  for a sweater to use up the Lettilopi yarn left over from the Daytripper I made. I purchased the gray body yarn and thought I had enough leftovers for the yoke. Nope. Ended up buying the teal, and darker blue color. Now I have an even bigger bag of leftovers!  I guess I will make hats and mittens, and ???

We had company today so I didn't get to block it. I'll do that tomorrow.  This is supposed to have a lot of ease to wear  as an outer garment. Mine does not.  I usually make my sweaters too big so I tried not to  with this one.


Worked a little on the Uneek yarn sock in Hermione pattern. It will be an afterthought heel. The marker is where the heel will go. I am ready to decrease for the toe.  The stitch pattern does not really show, but mentally it was nice to have  to think every other row.


Ruth is working away on her Gossamer Vest from Modern Daily Knitting.  Drops Kid Silk yarn.  She has made a lot of great progress this week.  Look how wonderfully soft it looks.


Martha finished up her beautiful beautiful Basket Saddle sweater! Look at the detail!  Look at the buttons.  It is stunning!

She is swatching for her next sweater....

and this week worked on her fun sock.  All the beautiful colors!!


In other news: We celebrated Tiffany's birthday today.  She loves breakfast so that is what we had.

She wanted everything "orange cream" so I made her orange cookies, and Orange cream cake.

It turned out pretty good.

You can see from the picture it looks (and felt like) Spring here today

The family came. Mom was here not sure where she was when I was taking pictures.

Joey's little family

I wish someone would look at me like that!

This is the cake...not beautiful, but tasty.  Can you tell by the candles how old she is?

Have a great week dear blog readers.

Ruth is off to Mass to visit with Martha and they are doing several yarn shop tours...YES I am jealous!  Ha!

Stay safe and be kind.




No comments: