Sunday, February 26, 2023

Stage 7a. The Real Finale

 Hi Dear Blog Readers....

Phew what a week of weather!  I was able to do morning walks three days this week and then the ice it.  Not as awful as some got it, but enough to keep me inside.  Today is warmer but sooo windy.

 The Calicanto sweater is done, blocked and ready to wear!

 

LettiLopi Yarn  Size 7 Needles  Size Medium

Meant to be worn as an outer layer,  though I was freezing today for the pictures

I am very happy with the fit. The pattern was very easy to follow.  For me this was a big win...especially  the size. I'm usually make them too big.  I knit top down sweaters  (yoke or raglan mostly) so I can add width to the hips.  This one I only had to add 4 stitches. 

Started on January 1st and finished the knitting on February 20th.  Not bad for me...I don't have that much time to knit during the week.

I have enough yarn left over to make another small sweater..

I finished up the first Hermonie Everyday sock and have a good start on the 2nd. I'm ready to add the afterthought heel stitches.  I had a lot of yarn left over and could have made them and inch longer. 

 I whipped up a new little hat for Tiffany's baby Jayce who will arrive last week of April . This is the same yarn I used for his little sheep sweater. Valley Amherst.  Merino. Sooo soft. Not machine washable.

 


 Ruth made a lot of progress on her Gossamer Vest from Modern Daily Knitting.  It's so soft and fluffy looking.  I'm guessing she will finish it up this week.  

Her are much better pictures of Martha's beautiful Basket Saddle Sweater.

Really really nice.  Perfect fit. Such nice detail!

 Here is latest pictures of Martha's current sock:

Ruth went to see Martha this week and they went on a yarn shop tour.

Martha's own description:

 The left side is Ruth’s yarn, the right side is mine.  Mine , pink, is Bartlett yarn, and the yellow is from Green Mountian Spinnery.  The yellow is 20% cotton and 80% wool.   Ruth’s blue is from GMS, brown are from Harrisville, and her pale pink is actually a kind of Marley color from Bartlett. 


In other news:

Mason came to play this morning with us and Benny. (Note his hair is a little frazzled beause he was playing peek a boo under the blanket).  

Benny has been here since Thursday. Going home Tuesday morning.

Joey and Casey are in Florida and saw this on the beach today...Cool huh!


Have a good week dear blog readers.  Do we hope March comes in like a lamb or a lion????

 

 




2 comments:

Jane said...

Wow, that sweater is beautiful. It looks great on you. The other finished sweater is also lovely. Keep on knitting. I guess I'd opt for March coming in as a lion so it can go out as a lamb.

karen said...

that is one beautiful sweater!! I love the way it fits too.